History of LIV
It all started with
The People's Committee of Postojna District established the Metal Company LIV. The first machine tool was bought with the proceeds from the sale of a car. At the end of 1954 LIV had 35 employees. The activities of the company are foundry, joinery, manual and mechanical metalworking.
Start of production of rollers and wheels.
The beginning of injection of plastics.
The first new production hall built on the Postojna industrial estate. Beginning of wheelbarrow production.
Investment in a warehouse with an area of 6,000 m2. Expansion of the production programmes for plastic rollers and wheels for transport and furniture.
A new galvanizing plant was built and 320 tons of transfer press were purchased.
Loss of the market of the former Yugoslavia and beginning of an intensive marketing on the world markets.
Acquisition of a certificate for the quality management system according to the international standard ISO 9001.
Conversion of LIV into a public limited company.
End of the privatisation of companies, convening of the first general meeting and first appointment of the management board and supervisory board.
Acquisition of a certificate for the environmental management system according to ISO 14001. A new treatment plant for waste water from the galvanizing plant and wheelbarrow paint shop was built.
A new warehouse for finished and semi-finished products was built. A new production hall and the purchase of a new 400 ton transfer press.
A new generation of K10 container rollers and wheels.
Financial restructuring of the company.
The 10 millionth K10 generation of container rolls and wheels was produced.